Friday, June 18, 2010

The Morality of Profit Competition

So as I'm sure you all know I'm a little interested in politics and policy and I could use 30 seconds of your time to help me in a competition. I have recently submitted an essay to the Morality of Profit competition. An excerpt of my essay is posted here http://www.moralityofprofit.com/the-river-of-humanity-you-have-to-harness-human-nature/. If you could be so kind to quickly take a look at the link, it'd be a big help. The excerpt that gets the most hits will have the option of being published in an upcoming book. If you REALLY want to help, you can look at it on multiple computers and pass it along to friends and family that might be interested. And if the topic interests you, write comments and engage - I always love discuss.

For those of you that are interested in the policy issues - it is a very interesting discussion - take a look at the Seven Fund website.  The Seven Fund aims to help developing countries using free-market solutions.  Their goal in this project is to foster discussion on profit and morality.  Is profit moral?  Why? How?  Is it a means or end?  This is a particularly relevant topic given today's economy and issues such as BP's oil spill.

My take is that it is necessary and moral, not only as an organizer of society but as a method to obtain the best for everyone.  It is futile to fight against human nature, so we might as well harness it.  Check the link for my excerpt and other submissions!

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Reading makes a full man, meditation a profound man, discourse a clear man." - Benjamin Franklin

Please leave comments!